If you are a non-English speaking applicant then please read this page very carefully.
ALU offers an immersive, 6-week long programme to ensure that beginning level non-native English speakers are able to succeed in the English-speaking environment of ALU and to fully prepare them to excel in their ALU courses. Students who enter the programme should be able to score at an A2 level (high beginner) on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Who is required to participate in the EI programme?
The English Immersion programme is a requirement for all students where:
- The primary language spoken at home is not English
- The primary language that school studies were completed in is not English
- University level coursework delivered in English could not be successfully completed without supplemental English classes or lessons
- Applicants determined to need additional English support based on performance in the English Proficiency assessment *
* Applicants determined to need additional English support may submit TOEFL or IELTS results proving proficiency