Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply to ALU:
- Passed a final national senior secondary school exam and graduated from secondary school
- Mauritius campus – must have passed at least 3 A-levels or equivalent with a minimum grade C * * *
- Rwanda campus – must have passed at least 2 A-levels or equivalent with a minimum grade C *
* Applicants who do not have the required number of A-levels or an equivalent qualification, but who may have a year or more of tertiary education will be considered for admission. These will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the Admissions team.
* * For students attending the Mauritius campus, who do not meet A-level equivalence, our partner Glasgow Caledonian University offers a Bridging Programme to enhance readiness for study at a tertiary level.
Please note: Sufficient proficiency in the English language is required for students to fully participate in all academic and non-academic activities at ALU. If you do not have sufficient proficiency in English you will be required to participate in the English Immersion Programme before starting official classes at ALU. Please click here for more information about the English Immersion Programme.
Additional Eligibility for ALC Mauritius Degree Programmes
The following high school subjects are required for the following degree programmes offered at ALC Mauritius in partnership with the Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU):
- MEng Electrical Power Systems Engineering: A levels: BCC including Maths and Physics plus GCSE English at C
- BSc (Hon) Computing Science: A levels: CCC plus GCSE English and Maths or Computing at C
Additional Eligibility for ALU Rwanda Degree Programmes
The following high school subjects are required for the following degree programmes offered at ALU Rwanda:
- BSc (Hon) Computer Science: A Level (or equivalent) in Math with a minimum B grade